Tags: asking, bars, code, default, editor, font, ide, jdeveloper, labels, menus, programming, setting, size, tools

Setting IDE font size in JDeveloper 10.1.3 EA

On Programmer » Development Tools

2,391 words with 5 Comments; publish: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:17:00 GMT; (20046.88, « »)

Is there a way to change default font size in JDeveloper? I am not asking about code editor (I know that), but about menus, title bars, labels, etc.

I have large screen (1400x1050) and I set my default system font larger. Old JDeveloper (10.1.2) obeyed this, but new is still using default font size.

I am using Windows XP with SP2.

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 5 Comments
    • You can control the font size used by JDeveloper in OH/jdev/system/oracle.jdeveloper.10.1.3.x.y/ide.properties. The file contains extensive comments describing the possible customizations.

(JDeveloper will probably honor your system font settings if you use the Windows Look and Feel. One major difference between 10.1.2 and 10.1.3 was that we switched from Windows look and feel to a custom look and feel by default).

Thanks,

Brian

#1; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:36:00 GMT
    • > You can control the font size used by JDeveloper in

> OH/jdev/system/oracle.jdeveloper.10.1.3.x.y/ide.proper

> ties. The file contains extensive comments

> describing the possible customizations.

Thanks. I succesfully increased font size.

> JDeveloper will probably honor your system font

> settings if you use the Windows Look and Feel.

Yes it is true, but I like new LnF.

#2; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:37:00 GMT
    • I had a problem when only the font of the "Messages - Log" output window was very small.

This was only in Windows LAF.

I tried some ide.properties changes, and found that if I uncomment the

Ide.FontSize.Windows=11

line then the output window font is now ok (the menus/dialogs font remained the same, which is ok).

It seems that there's some sort of faulty default for the output window font.

Regards,

Yaniv

#3; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:38:00 GMT
    • Hi Yaniv,

I can't reproduce this problem. On my system, the font in the messages log under the windows look and feel is large enough to be easily readable.

A few questions:

- Which version of jdev are you using (I'm assuming 10.1.3, since that's what the rest of this post is about)?

- Are you running windows on a non-western charset?

- Are you running base jdev or the full jdev?

Thanks,

Brian

#4; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:39:00 GMT
    • Hi Brian,

I am now using the latest production release, on a non-western charset (Hebrew), using the medium (J2EE) installation - still happens.

Regards,